Thursday, August 04, 2005

The purpose of blogs

Blogs are online diaries for public viewing, I reckon. So I practise crypticism in my expression of thoughts. To me, it seems unbecoming and inconsiderate to use real names, especially when I have negative things to say about people. Maybe I'm just too polite, I don't know. I know there are blogs which practise such blatant and candid expression but I feel it can hurt people who happen to fall into the category of being spoken ill of. Oh, I have no right to criticise bloggers who do this since blogs are somewhat like personal diaries, I know.

This awareness extends to the use of diction. The choice of words can differ from person to person but somehow vulgarities, which express "more fully" one's feelings, reflect on the person's character. There're blogs which show disregard for one's civilized state of mind in this way. Lack of self-control is apparent and the answer to the question of whether humans are better than animals is definitely a negative one, with the usage of such language.

Oh, of course I'm aware that there is freedom of speech, thought and choice in the world. Thus I would like to clarify that this is my subjective opinion. Period.

Blogs are allegedly uncreative and ignorant , as mentioned in a newspaper article. Well, most of the reviews I've got about mine are positive, citing my blog as profound, educational and informative. I write my opinions on current affairs as well as personal happenings in it. Rachel even said that I could write as well as a journalist. So there, ST!

No comments: