Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm Home.

A New Paper columnist who calls his column Ang Moh in Singapore mentioned the feeling of homeliness he gets upon returning to Singapore after a trip. I get that same feeling when I see Changi Airport from the window of the aeroplane I'm in. It gets more intense when I'm on our very own airline Singapore Airlines. The crew is mostly Singaporean and I feel a sense of kinship with them as citizens.

When we reach the customs, I feel this sense of welcoming upon seeing the airport staff. Though they may be of a different race, this's not an obstruction. I have this unexplained feeling of superiority when I walk over to the counter that's meant for citizens. I feel superior to the tourists who have to go to the visitors' counter. However, I'm sure this feeling pertains to them as well when they reach their own countries.

No comments: