Friday, March 17, 2006

School Holidays...not!

School holidays are a time of enjoying outings with friends and waking up late to most students but to me, as a private tutor, it is worse than my normal schedule on school weeks, ironically.

Lessons are turned topsy-turvy and even extra sessions come into play. I'm not one who welcomes change heartily and hence have such a reaction to this occurrence. When lessons are cancelled, I leap for joy because I treasure every minute of rest and relaxation. Of course, I can't always desire this incidence though because I need to fill my rice bowl. I'm fortunate though that my family's financially well-off.

I've 10 students at present and they take up 7 days of the week. For me, this status quo remains. I need time for myself to relax and rest, as well as time for my God. Consequently, when tuition agents call with offers, I usually try to reject them.

Of course, I do get exhausted at times and that is when I do other things to take a break. I read magazines and books, watch TV, surf the net and blog.

No comments: