Thursday, July 06, 2006

The personality plus profile test

Took this test as part of my character analysis and here are the results:

[The Non-Choleric
42% Sanguine, 50% Melancholy, 0% Choleric, 42% Phlegmatic

What can be said about you Non-Choleric? You don't like to be in charge. You don't like to have to be right, have the final say and know what to do.]

I'm quite surprised at the proportions alloted to each aspect of character. I guess they change with age. When I was younger, my highest aspect would be sanguine but now it is actually melancholy! My phlegmatic aspect's proportion is also higher than I thought.

So in layman language, I am mostly reserved, moody and sad. This is not completely untrue, since I find myself feeling comfortable being alone, as long as I have my favourite hobbies to occupy me. I can be erratic in mood and vent my frustrations out on people. My parents are usually the unfortunate victims. I do conceal my sorrows too. I'm somewhat like Eeyore.

At the same time, I'm optimistic, humorous and cheerful. This has always been my character since young but I guess melancholy has dominated it now. I try to look for the good in life instead of the bad and I am fun to be with. I can be childlike too. I'm somewhat like Tigger.

My last aspect is one that is pragmatic, practical and realistic. I don't really work towards my dreams when reality doesn't seem to accommodate it. I doubt I'll publish my book of self-composed poems by 40. I've no inspiration to add more poems and some thoughts are far too personal as well as intimate to pen.

I guess I'm also not so emotional as before. I'm calmer and more action-based. However, this did not come easy. I learnt it through the trials of life. Perhaps I'm a little like Christopher Robin here? He always calls Pooh "Silly old bear" when Pooh gets too paranoid.

No comments: