Friday, July 21, 2006

Renewal amidst separation

I had dinner with my god-brother before he migrated overseas and I miss him as well as the little things about him. He used to poke me in the ribs and his way of showing pretended annoyance is also a unique thing about him. Well, I hope he is all right in Perth.

I met my god-daughter for dinner the next day and though we meet only once a year nowadays, we never fail to regale each other with our life stories. I rediscover her through her thoughts and attitudes. It is so strange how she is now so much easier to talk to and empathetic. I guess she grows on me with age. :) She was my best friend's sister to me when I first knew her. Look where we are now!

I met my best friend two days after her sister. I too, rarely get to meet her nowadays but we never feel that we've drifted apart despite the infrequency of getting together. It just isn't in our vocabulary of friendship. She is just as affectionate towards me and is still the same person that makes her unique. :) I do miss the times I slept over at her place and perhaps we may get down to it soon, when her leave starts next month.

These two sisters have only proven to me that a friendship is still secure even if there's no frequent contact between the parties involved. The degree of closeness isn't compromised. They are one of the special people in my life and I'm glad we're still one in heart with each other. :) We may spend limited time with each other but the time is still cherished because of the company.

No comments: