Saturday, October 20, 2007

The gradual loss of finding joy in reading

I was reading an article on visual versus verbal learning. It mentioned how children prefer to use the Internet and watch television, as compared to reading. As a result, their attention span and concentration suffer. Reading requires patience to finish the book, as it continues to state.

I fear that this has happened to me. I have books I haven't even started to read and which I bought rather impulsively, now that I think about it. I have another one in mind. It is about the 1960s seen through Barbie's eyes. She is portrayed as a photographer in it. I love nostalgic books or material. Oh well.

Now I've started watching television shows, music videos and movies off the Internet. I just watched Princess Diaries 2, The Sound of Music, and episodes of Charmed, Bewitched as well as Golden Girls.

I hope I can rectify this problem and curb this habit. It's still able to be salvaged. When you are aware of the fact that you are falling into something, it means you want to get out of it because you know it's not good. Wish me luck!

No comments: