Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A mishmash of thoughts

My internet access has been extremely unstable ever since I switched network and plan. It seems that many people in the vicinity are using the same one and hence the traffic is really slow. The helpline is also never available since all the technical officers are busy. It has been a frustrating time for me and it's either I cultivate more patience or use the net much later in the night, depriving myself of much-needed sleep.

However, there was an officer who helped me to calm down a lot by guiding me patiently through the manual procedure. It was not his area of expertise but he did it so obligingly nonetheless. He shows great contrast to another who just told me she couldn't help.

My illness, which started a few days before Christmas, has developed into asthma, the worst condition I fall prone to. That prompted me to see a doctor and to get another inhaler. I was given a day's MC and spent the day catching up on my reading and sleep. I had to cancel a dinner appointment I've owed someone for a long time. She was disappointed and I hope to meet her during the weekend as compensation.

I was absolutely disgusted and irritated with this customer I saw at Breadtalk Citylink Mall. She looked like a typical tai-tai and decided to buy $7 worth of buns for a Chinese New Year pouch. When she couldn't get the colour she wanted, because she didn't read the poster properly, she blamed the staff for it. She was pacified only when they offered her the one on display. I think she was really making a big issue out of a small matter and her money probably comes from her rich husband! She showed herself as inflexible as she could've just taken another colour and 'kiasu' since she obviously bought so many buns just for the pouch! I wonder how she's going to make her family eat all of them just for her own selfish interest!

No comments: