Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sheer exhaustion at all levels

I've been waking up early at around 7am these past few days to rush through notes for my O'level Literature student whose papers start in a week's time. It is an effort because not only do I have to wake up early but it is also a mental exercise I'm undertaking.

After that, it's tuition and church, depending on which day it is. By the time the day ends, I'm pooped and it was so apparent to the point that I fell down at a restaurant. Though it wasn't my first time there, I tripped over steps leading to the seat. I can only attribute my embarrassment in front of 2 families to sheer fatigue.

Thankfully, I didn't affect anyone else but myself in the process. There was no domino effect as a girl next to me had a bowl of soup in front of her. If I had hit her, I don't know if anyone would be injured as a result. Oh, I'm fine, no injury.

I tried to sleep and pray but I'm still exhausted. I think I need a spiritual retreat or at least some personal time. It's quite serious because I get irritated easily and neglect others' feelings. It seems that I have so many preoccupations to deal with though.

I also tried to start planning for Christmas and getting into the mood but these're temporary measures.

I still haven't finished my Literature notes though but I don't want to plunge into them when I'm in this state. My productivity will be lower than normal.

I've received my choir schedule for the year-end. It's worse than usual because of this extra performance based on my church's patron saint. Sigh... I think I'll get even more burnt out than I already am.

Though there're days when we're free, it's still very tight. I'm leaving for a trip which deprives me of a number of rehearsals and that means that I've to do a crash course when I return. I'm most worried about the choreography but what comes to mind as I type this is that I've to cling to God with all this hustle thrown at me. I need Him for strength and zeal.

I've to change my tuition lessons in accordance with this schedule. Everything's topsy-turvy.

Our concert's not the ultimate thing but Christmas midnight mass two days later. I reckon carolling sessions will fall in between or on Christmas Day itself. Even if I can hang on till after Christmas ends, I think I'll fall sick. I cannot forget the shopping and preparing of cards and presents for the occasion as well.

God! Help me! Though it keeps me busy, it can affect my health adversely. :S

No comments: