Friday, August 29, 2008

There's always an easier way

Some realizations in the course of a lesson have affirmed my temperament for being a teacher. I may lack oral skills as compared to others but I must have confidence in my gifts to create rapport with students, to be a guiding force of patience. In a way, this line allows me to show love for students who may lack it in their families. It may be an unusual way but it is my way and my conscience is clear.

This student had avoided reading any more myths and legends because of the difficult language used to narrate them. I got some in a simpler language and when he saw the title of my notes, he exuded fear. I told him to just try reading them before concluding on their difficulty level. Praise God, he liked them and wanted more. I did get simpler versions after all! I was a little worried when he showed his initial reaction.

I plan to get notes on travelling and other countries' attractions for him as well. His knowledge will increase and his social adaptability may not diminish with these notes.

There is indeed a way to gain knowledge, as long as we think from a different angle. :)

No comments: