Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Internet and Blogs

My modem was not in operation for a week and I could not surf the Internet for that period of time. Initially, I was fine with this unexpected occurrence but as time went by and hope that I could do so again surged, I started feeling a few withdrawal symptoms. The day I could do so, I felt as if life was back to normal for me. :)

There have been articles in the newspapers about the various types of blog entries found online. Two adults in their 20s were charged with making racist remarks in their blogs, spewing vulgarities at a certain race. This spells insensitivity and a potential racial division in our tight-knit society, which may lead to racial riots and national dissension. An inter-school blog championship was also held and Victoria JC won it. Also, the tsunami survivors had documented their feelings about the disaster in their blogs, personal recounts but not in the fictional sense.

No comments: