Friday, November 04, 2005

No more home alone

My parents came back yesterday. I was a little paranoid because they were an hour later than expected. I also thought I had heard my mum calling me. Thankfully I was at home to receive them.

When my mum came out of the car, she smiled at me and that moment revealed to me a most ravishing and sweet smile. I had never known how pretty she was amd though she had just sat through a gruelling 14-hour flight, she didn't look haggard. Her hair was not messy and it was nicely curled at her nape.

They bought so many fattening and unhealthy things. There were delicious and syrup-sweet wafers and chocolates. I told my mum to give them away. I had gotten used to eating healthily when they were away and am still continuing the habit of doing so.


The photographs have been developed and I'm glad to see that my dad took a picture of the crucifix made out of salt in the mine they went to. More importantly, he took pictures of Pope John Paul II and the Blessed Sacrament, people very close to my heart.

Well, now that they are back, I know I'll gain back the weight I had lost while they were away. Sigh. I know they make sure I eat well because I've to go to my students' houses and hence the weight gain. Also, I meet my friends for dinner at mostly expensive places and I get to eat home-cooked food only when my parents're away. Oh well.

No comments: