Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Physical Fatigue and Solitude

The major event as well as lack of rest, coupled with work, had left me wrapped up in a veil of extreme tiredness.

Immediately after the event, I went home to change before going off to meet a friend for lunch. Though I was emotionally and spiritually refreshed, I was not refreshed, physically. Then I did stuff and slept late that night.

After work the next day, I was so tired that I slept really early at 9.35pm. I had to wake up early the morning after.

However I was still drowsy later in the afternoon the day after. It was not a sound nap though. I woke up in a fit of intense sleepiness due to a neighbour's car. I didn't even bother to do my chores, leaving it to later in the evening. Now I'm better.

I watch this Chinese serial every Sunday night at 11pm. The previous episode showed a discussion between 3 men on the meaning of solitude.

It is not loneliness owing to a loved one's death or alienation due to being the only one surviving in a battle. It is being the only person on earth.

This is an interesting perspective of the term. Solitude was what Adam and Eve went through then, when they were first made, since the other living things around them were non-human.

No comments: