Friday, December 07, 2007

An obnoxious neighbour

My house overlooks the houses along the road behind mine. I was really irritated with this domestic helper who turns her radio on very loudly and sings along to it as well. Her voice is not exactly very melodious and it is jarring on the ears. My next door neighbour nicely told her to lower the volume and she did, but a few days later, she started her nonsense again.

This time, I couldn't be so patient with her anymore and I started banging on the windows as well as on my table. She heard it and lowered the volume, as well as stopped singing. She is not in a discotheque and has to consider that there are neighbours living close to her. Some types of music sound better if listened to loudly but there are other neighbours around, to reiterate. Then I sarcastically and loudly said that peace and quiet has reigned. Just today, I had to repeat this whole exchange with her. Now there is truly beautiful silence.

Good things don't last long. I had to endure this again on another 2 occasions. Besides repeating the above actions, I was forced to make impolite comments really loudly so that she could hear me above the music. I mentioned that it was very noisy and that it was the radio as the cause. When she didn't lower the volume, I remarked that it was because she didn't understand me in a condescending manner and that she lacked courtesy. She finally got it.

No comments: